Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tasting - "Candoni Pinot Grigio"


Name: Candoni Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: No Vintage
Price: $10.95
Shop: Vintage Cellar

Vintage Cellar Review: Medium-bodied, well-structured and sophisticated. It has a rich, pear-like nose, followed by a crisp acidity and a delicious mouth feel. A delicious accompaniment to fish, seasonal pasta dishes or chicken. It can also stand alone as an aperitif on a hot summer day.

My Personal Review: I enjoyed this white wine and it seemed lighter to me than a usual white wine. The first time it hit my tongue I thought it tasted cool, light and sweet which then kindly smoothed off leaving a refreshing taste in my mouth. I did not have food with this wine, but I agree with the store's review that it would be good in the summer because of its subtle cool stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment