Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tasting - "Pietra Santa Sacred Stone Red"

Image: www.drinkhacker.com
Tasting: 3/24/2012

Name: Pietra Santa Sacred Stone Red
Variety: Red Blend (26% Merlot, 24% Sangiovese, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Syrah and the rest Carignane, Grenache and Zinfandel)
Region: Cienega Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: NV
Price: $9.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: Proprietor's Red Blend. This wine is ripe and juicy with expressive flavors of cherries and plums. It is dark and aromatic with crisp acidity, nice structure and a lush finish. Made to pair with a wide variety of foods, this red wine is a must for everyday enjoyment or teaming with your favorite grilled and outdoor cuisine.

My Personal Wine Review: The color was an interesting darker and brown red. The smell was a combination of spice, oak, and cherries. Because of the "oaky" smell I thought this might also taste kind of burned, but surprisingly it had a smooth mid-palate and finish. The taste was dry and had some tar flavor and texture aspect. I enjoyed this wine, but I doubt I will remember this one as this tasted similar to other red wines I have had.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment