Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tasting - "La Sera Red Malvasia"


Image: www.winemadeeasy.com
Tasting: 3/24/2012

Name: La Sera Red Malvasia
Variety: 100% Malvasia
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: NV
Price: $13.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: A specialty of Italy's Piedmont region, Red Malvasia di Casorzo is fragran and fruity, moderately sweet wine. It has strawberry

My Personal Wine Review: The wine had a dark pink color. The aromas were some of sweetest I have ever smelled from a wine. It was like snorting straight sugar or sugar cane with the fruity grapefruit aspect. The flavors were sweet and had that grapefruit taste. I also got some smoke flavor that made it unique. I liked this wine, but it was almost too sweet for me.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment