Friday, April 6, 2012

Tasting - "gPG Garganega Pinot Grigio"


Image: www.thevineking.com
Tasting: 4/5/12

Name: gPG
Variety: 80% Garganega and 20% Pinot Grigio
Region: Venezie
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: gPG is from the delle Venezie regions of north-eastern Italy. A clean and crisp palate with plenty of texture and weight follows aromas of apples and zesty lemons. It's perfect with grilled white fish or light risotto.

My Personal Wine Review: The color is light yellow with a fruity smell of green apples and pears. Just like the bottle and its label of green I thought this wine's theme was very "green." The wine had a light body to it with the majority of flavors being apples, kind of like the small sweet/tart crab apples. It had light tannins which complemented the wine well, and I thought the wine was pleasant but nothing great. I have had better  varietals.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment