Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tasting - "Sierra Cruz Sauvignon Blanc"

I couldn't find the wine label online.

Tasting: 4/12/12

Name: Sierra Cruz Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Maule Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: This Chilean Sauvignon Blanc just oozes with bright citrus flavors and a nose of herbs and grass. Stylistically, it is a cross between the herbal, grassy wines so prevalent in Sonoma County and the riper more fruit forward products of New Zealand. Match it with pasta sauced with arugula, pine nuts, mushrooms and parmesan.

My Personal Wine Review: The nose was very strong, as I was overwhelmed with sour apple and it seemed like it was almost still fermenting. The flavors were light and crisp as I enjoyed the long small tannin texture. I also received a small hint of chlorine on the palate. I thought this wine was ok for probably my first sauvignon blanc tasting.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment