Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tasting - "Senda 66 Tempranillo"


Image: www.winemadeeasy.com
Tasting: 4/12/12

Name: Senda 66 Tempranillo
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2008
Price: $8.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: 90 Points, Robert Parker. "The 2008 Senda 66 spent 8 months in new French oak. Purple/black in color, it sports a fragrant nose of spice box, lavender, blueberry, and blackberry. Smooth-textured, layered and remarkably rich on the palate for its humble price, this lengthy effort will drink nicely over the next 5-6 years."

My Personal Wine Review: The wine was very dark in color and had a sweet and fruity smell to it as I detected cherries and plums. The flavors were an interesting mix of sweet to dark/heavy. The wine had a nice complexity from mint tastes to wood and oak. I liked this wine, but a little too much for me.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment