Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tasting - "Antano Crianza 2008"

Name: J. Garcia Carrion Antano Crianza
Variety: 85% Tempranillo, 10% graciano, 5% mazuelo
Region: La Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2008
Price: $8.95 (vintage cellar)

Producers Website Wine Tasting Notes: Antano Crianza is a ruby color Rioja, with an upper-middle layer, limpid and bride. The feeling in the nose has reduced its own rest in the bottle, to finally show potent and complex between the first aromas of the varieties that compose it and the wood that make it older giving it some spicy aromas in the mouth is something tannic and slightly cinaro, giving way to a nice wine with long end in the mouth complex and velvety. (http://www.garciacarrion.es)

My Personal Wine Review: I have never had a wine like this before. First the color was more brown than I am used and then the smell itself was reminiscent of other types of alcohol. The aroma I received was very spicy and reminded me heavily of whiskey which I do not like. So immediately I was already feeling estranged from the wine. The legs themselves were some of the longest I had seed, but also very spread out. Now to the taste. I was right about the smell of whiskey because when I first tasted it I got a big whiskey sensation but then it faded and a long dry aftertaste followed. This aftertaste consisted of a wood flavor which complemented the whiskey impression. The wine was unusual to me and the whiskey taste put a bad connotation in my mouth, so I would not drink this again.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment