Monday, February 6, 2012

Tasting - "Innocent Bystander Moscato"

Name: Innocent Bystander Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: Victoria
Country: Australia
Year: 2011
Price: $15.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: The focus of Innocent Bystander is to produce quality, flavor-driven wines from carefully selected vineyards in the Yarra Valley and beyond. Over time Steve Flamsteed and his team have increased the level of complexity and texture in the Innocent Bystander wines with greater use of wild fermentations and restrained oak handling.

My Personal Wine Review: The color was a very pretty pink with a wonderful "froth" on top. The wine had a huge amount of fizz with it which made it seem almost alive and active. After putting my nose up to the wine the aromas I received was fresh melon and peach. It smelled citrus like and and tasted like grape fruit juice with a lot of carbonation in it. It was like drinking a grape fruit soda. I enjoyed it, but it is not my favorite Moscato.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment