Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting - "Frisk"

Name: Frisk Prickly Riesling
Variety: 89% Riesling, 11% Muscat Gordo
Region: Alpine Valleys, Victoria
Country: Australia
Year: 2011
Price: $11.95

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: Leave it to the Aussies to come up with a tasty value wine with a sassy descriptive name. Frisk is a frisky Riesling with a pleasant level of prickly spritz lifting the ample fruity flavors. It has a pale straw color, lively bubbles, loads of tropical fruit and jasmine aromas, off-dry fruity flavors, a refreshing 9.8% alcohol and a sweet/tart finish; and all that Australian goodness.

My Personal Wine Review: The wine had a nice crisp clear look in the wine glass. The wine smelled strongly of white grape and the legs were very long pointing towards a sugary wine. My assumption was correct and the wine was extremely sweet and I could already feel myself getting a sugar high after the first taste. I do like sweet drinks such as cool aid and soda, but this wine was way too sweet for me.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment