Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasting - "Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc"


Image: www.topshelfliquor.co.nz
Tasting: 2/18/2012

Name: Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Nelson, South Island
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2011
Price: $14.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: Fresh, lively and intense varietal fruit with delicious passionfruit flavors in the mouth. Old Coach Road Sauvignon Blanc Wine is nicely integrated and has a long lingering finish.

My Personal Wine Review: The color looked like a normal white wine with a clear translucent color with amusing bubbles that clung to the side of the glass. The aroma was a strong grape smell, mainly really ripe white grapes. It was like being in the fruit aisle of a grocery store or the farmers market. The flavor transitioned from sweet to dry with a light middle palate in between. I got a lot of juicy green melon in the tasting, and I think green was the main point I got out of the wine. I thought it was a good "green" glass of white wine.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment