Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasting - "Old Coach Road Chardonnay"


Image: http://www.winesalesaustralia.com
Tasting: 2/18/2012

Name: Old Coach Road Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Nelson
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $14.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: This a delightfully satisfied wine full of ripe chardonnay fruit characters intertwined with smooth, supple, spicy oak. The palate is full and textured, with a clear definition and long lasting flavors.

My Personal Wine Review: At first the color gives off a light gold reflection that gets you excited about tasting the wine and then after swirling it and smelling the wine my excitement died. The aroma was that of bitterness and I got some moldiness as well. I could definitely get a three "part" tasting for this wine with the first part tasting of burned buttery popcorn and then followed by the mid-palate with a more fire taste of roasted nuts. The flavor then ends with an oaky finish that tends to stay for a long aftertaste. I do not like burned popcorn so I did not like this wine.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment