Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasting - "Zentas Malbec"


Image: http://www.segundacopa.com.ar
Tasting: 2/18/2012

Name: Zentas Malbec
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: This Malbec presents a nice deep red color. The nose offers intense and ripe aromas of red fruits, such as dark cherries, plums and raspberry. On the palate it is fresh and fruity with soft tannins and a nice finish. Pleasant and easy to drink.

My Personal Wine Review: The color had a nice dark core in it so I liked how dark it looked. The smell was a mix between some chlorine and then apple. So I got some fruit but also some industrial cleaning supplies too, but the taste was so much different. The oak monster definitely came and visited this wine as I tasted heavy wood and oak with high tannins. I also received some surprise with a delicious taste of dark chocolate which was awesome. There was some intense heat on the back of the throat as well which really fired up the senses. I thought this wine had a lot wood/dark flavors as well as warming, so I would recommend this wine.

I did not have food with this wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment