Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tasting - "Don Ramon Tinto"


Image: www.wespeakwine.com
Tasting: 2/23/2012

Name: Don Ramon Tinto
Variety: 75% Garnacha & 25% Tempranillo
Region: Campo De Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: 75% Grenache, 25% Tempranillo. Aged 3 months in American Oak casks. Ruby red in color, with creamy aromas of earth and cherry. Flavor turns toward deeper and darker black cherry and raspberry on a medium framework. A subtle earthiness underneath the bright fruit adds some depth and complexity.

My Personal Wine Review: The wine was a brownish red in color. I enjoyed the smell as I sensed a cooked vegetable theme. I got the aroma of cooked carrots and potatoes that were made into homemade french fries. The wine tasted high in alcohol as it had some warmth in it with heavy tannins. I also tasted a kind of petrol flavor with a plastic edge. Overall the wine was interesting and I would drink this again.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment