Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasting - "Grayson Chardonnay"

Image: www.amazinggrapeswinestore.com
Tasting: 2/11/2012

Name: Grayson Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: Paso Robles, California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: Best Buy Wine Enthusiast. The 2010 Grayson Chardonnay is brilliantly ripe and shows aromas of bright, brisk acidity with notes of peach and Asian pear. The palate offers green apple with a crisp finish showing gentle hints of apple pie and tropical fruit.

My Personal Wine Review: The big aroma I got from this wine was sour apple. The fist waft of the wine I got a big nose of sour which then over some more time became fruity and the two smells blended to make a sour apple smell. This aroma carried the same taste for the wine as it was fresh, light and crisp. The taste reminded me of crab apples that are right off of the tree and they are still hard in texture, but a little sour and sweet. I thought it was an OK wine, but it did not wow me in the least.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment