Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tasting - "Sivas Sonoma Cabernet"

Name: Sivas Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Sonoma County
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $14.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: Fruit driven, with a nice combination of blackberry, red currant, and a background of dark chocolate and cocoa. A hint of brightness in the fruit aromas, together with the classic Cabernet depth, signals this wine's Sonoma County roots. On the palate, dark chocolate-covered cherry flavors meet hints of mocha, and the dark fruit provide carries all the way through the lively mid-palate. The mouth feel is soft and silky, with mouth filling, velvety tannins that give the wine finesse and marry well with the wine's light acidity. In addition the mixture of French and American oak aging lends light touches of vanilla and cinnamon to this wine's background complexity. This wine's focused fruit profile and depth, finishing with a long raspberry note.

My Personal Wine Review: The color of the wine got darker from the top to the bottom instead of a full body color. The smell itself was fruity but with a chlorine edge to it that made me think of a public pool. The flavors were light and I could taste the fruit but not pin point them. I really liked this wine especially because in my notes when I was tasting the wine I wrote down one word, "Good!"

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment