Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasting - "Monte Antico Tuscan Blend"

Image: www.wallywine.com
Tasting: 2/11/2012

Name: Monte Antico Tuscano
Variety: 85% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2007
Price: $13.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: 90 points, James Suckling. "Plenty of blackberry and chocolate character, with hints of plums. Full and very velvety with a bright and fruity finish. Always one of the best values in Tuscany. Screw cap. Delicious now."

My Personal Wine Review: The color was a light red with a smell of cherry. The first thing that stood out for me when I tasted it was how dry it was. Then I got a rubber type taste for the the mid-palate and a sour finish. I did not like this wine and I had to swallow fast to get through this wine.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment