Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tasting - "Glop Priorat"


Image: www.wine-searcher.com
Tasting: 2/18/2012

Name: Glop Priorat
Variety: grinache (red blend)
Region: Priorat
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $20.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Vintage Cellar Wine Review: Glop is a customer favorite in our retail store and it has a very memorable name which means 'sip' or 'gulp' in Catalan. Glop is an inky red wine from Priorat with deep plum and blackberry flavors perfect for pairing with grilled chorizo or iberico pork.

My Personal Wine Review: It is a dark red wine. The aromas are super sweet and remind me of candy and halloween caramel covered apples. Basically super sugar mixed in with fruit. I did not really taste any fruit with the wine and I really got a flat taste. I got a mouth full of tire and rubber with some sort of plastic edge. I tasted a lot of industrial type of flavors and this ruined the wine for me.

I did not have food with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment